Treating folks, like you, who move for a living and love to move
Author: Richard SymisterMovEvolution Drumming Therapy: Treating the Pain & Injury of the Modern Percussionist
MovEvolution Drumming Therapy: Treating the Pain & Injury of the Modern Percussionist
WHO IS MOVEVOLUTION?
MoveEvolution is a New York-based Physical Therapy and Performance studio located in the heart of Fort Greene, Brooklyn.
We are dedicated to treating the pain, injury, pre/post-surgical condition and movement dysfunction of the musician, dancer, performing artist, multi-sport enthusiast—folks like you who move for a living and live to move.
Drummers (and by “drummers”, I mean all “percussionists”) are an unrepresented community who often find it difficult finding high-quality care specific to their injury, instrument and individual needs.
Stop wasting time and money going back-and-forth between multiple doctors and clinicians that don’t truly understand your complex drumming pain or particular needs. Don’t settle for cookie-cutter exercises that are not pertinent to your drumming instrument or style.
My mission is to bring my knowledge and experience (23 years physical therapist, 22 years strength and conditioning coach, 38 years drummer ) to you so you can play with increased comfort, control and confidence.
- Decrease your pain, discomfort, injury or movement dysfunctions.
- Improve your overall drumming fitness.
- Avoid future injury.
Strikers, slappers, shakers and scrapers. From trap set to timbalies, bongo to berimbau, kettle drums to kalimbas. All are welcome!
EVOLVE YOUR DRUMMING
- Learn why breath work is so important to your relaxation and endurance
- Learn how to avoid common drumming injuries
- Learn strength and conditioning programming for your particular drumming style
- Learn proper warm-ups, warm-downs, stretching and mobilization techniques to keep you limber and mobile
- Improve your ergonomics, alignment and posture
- Feel the difference bodywork and massage can make to your mobility
For RATES & SCHEDULING go HERE.
Read more about Richard HERE.