Treating folks, like you, who move for a living and live to move
frequently asked questions
- Take your Physical Therapy or PerformanceTherapy anywhere
- Convenient, safe, and private
- Recorded session option
- Autonomy and ease with scheduling (link to FullSlate)
- Learn lots of nifty self-mobilization techniques
- Limited equipment required
- Free check-ins
- Receive big discounts to future “virtual” classes
- Combine your Teletherapy and In-house sessions (cash-paying clients only)
MEPT Corona Virus Safety and Precautions
As the Coronavirus continues to spread, MovEvolution Physical Therapy (MEPT) is committed to your health and safety.
Continuing until further notice, we must implement new restrictions on patient care. This is based on the latest advice we have received from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about the Coronavirus outbreak.
Please read all this information carefully.
All patients should be screened prior to the day of service and when calling to make an appointment, to ensure they:
- Have not traveled internationally to any country outside the U.S. within 14 days of your appointment;
- Believe that you may have been exposed to COVID-19 (even if you have not traveled internationally); or
- Are experiencing flu-like symptoms (significant cough with fever and shortness of breath).
Please be advised that your Physical Therapist will ask you a few questions in their screening process:
- Have you traveled outside the country since January 1st 2020? If so, where did you go?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has traveled outside the country since January 1st 2020? If so, where did this person travel?
- Have you experienced fever, cough, shortness of breath at any time during the last 2 weeks?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has experienced fever, cough, shortness of breath at any time during the last 2 weeks?
Patients must be symptom free to enter our offices. Please be aware that those patients who answer “YES” to any of the above questions must be rescheduled
Schedule your Teletherapy HERE.
- Internet access: We ask, to decrease session transmission disruption, that no other streaming occurs during your session.
- Computer or Mobile Device: Smartphone/Android, laptop, tablet or computer
- Zoom: Download the (free) Zoom App.
- Visual space (so your therapist can see you from head to toe through your camera) and physical space (to perform your movements). You should be visible from head-to-toe, standing and laying on the floor. It’s ok if you need to adjust your camera during the session. Please practice before your session.
MovEvolution believes in working with what you have at home. If your therapist believes you may benefit from using other equipment, he/she will make suggestions on what and where to purchase and may provide links to ease the process.
We know many of you are feeling the pinch and a little bit stressed during these strange times, dealing with the virus social distancing , and quarantine. We want to assure you that Movevolution is doing its best to work with you and your insurance companies to:
- streamline TeleTherapy access
- get concrete reimbursement info
- keep TeleTherapy costs down (I.e., reducing or waiving copayment/deductible)
During this introductory phase (April 2020) of our TeleTherapy service, we will be offering:
FREE 30 minute consult to introduce you to our new MovEvolution TeleTherapy experience.
FREE follow-up sessions for clients currently using insurance.
DISCOUNTED 1st and follow-up 50 minute TeleTherapy sessions for clients paying out-of-pocket. $99/per session.
DISCOUNTED follow-up 30 minute TeleTherapy sessions for clients paying out-of-pocket. $50/per session.
Although most major insurance companies have it within their current policies to cover TeleTherapy (i.e. “telemedicine”) services, reimbursement rates are still a bit unclear.
Our medical billing team will submit your claims to your insurance company. We will let know, as will your insurance company, whether your TeleTherapy sessions are reimbursable.
We value your time and hope you value ours. We ask that you provide us with 24 hour’s notice if you wish to cancel your appointment. You will be charged a $75 late cancellation/no-show fee if you cannot reschedule the appointment within the same week.
MovEvolution is evolving as your needs do. We plan on making our TeleTherapy program a permanent service offering online group classes, daily mobility sessions, partner training and specialized movement screens and programming for specific populations.
You will receive the same great, 1-on-1, quality care as you would paying out-of-pocket. All sessions are 1 hour. Your number of sessions will be limited by your particular insurance’s authorization policy
We are dedicated to treating injuries of movement for the athlete and physical performer—from the runner, cyclist, dancer and musician, to the martial artist and multi-sport enthusiast—folks who move to live and live to move. We specialize in knee and shoulder injuries/dysfunction and C.O.R.E. training.
We find that our clients derive the greatest benefits from our 1-on-1, one-hour treatment sessions. With sustained attention from your therapist, you’ll learn how to continue your therapy on your own and receive manual therapy and bodywork support for your condition. One hour treatments also significantly cut back on your PT session frequency, usually necessitating treatment session only 1x/week.
Yes, all of our Physical Therapists have received both rounds of the COVID-19 vaccine. Please visit our COVID-19 & CLIENT SAFETY page
Designed for patients recovering from injury, surgery or painful, orthopedic condition.
Goals of Physical Therapy:
- Settle down irritated painful tissue
- Speed recovery and promote healthy healing
- Restore body to previous level of fundamental movement
- Decrease compensatory motions and wasted/misdirected energy
For clients who wish to unlock their fitness potential, maximize their athletic capacity and improve performance in life and sport.
Goals of Performance Therapy:
- Improve strength, power, balance, agility , endurance
- Increase mobility and movement
- Improve body function and overall performance
- Decrease compensatory motions and wasted/misdirected energy
- Increase capacity/output
Address: 87 Fort Greene Place (b/t Fulton Street & DeKalb) Brooklyn, NY 11217
Phone: (718) 522-2658
Fax: (718) 522-2659
Email: MovEvolutionpt@gmail.comNot sure what you need? Contact us