Treating folks, like you, who move for a living and live to move
Author: Quetcy HenriquezImprove Your Run. Get SPIDERMAN Mobile.
Runners, do you have enough room to run? What I mean is, do you have enough:
- Hip extension?
- Hamstring mobility?
- Ankle dorsiflexion?
Why do we absolutely love the Spiderman stretch? Where do we start?
- Brain-to-body neuromuscular carryover for running.
- Quad stability (great for our ACL clients).
- Arm strength.
- Multi-angle CORE stability challenges.
- Balance in quadruped and 3-point stance.
- Mobility (hips, shoulder, ankles).
- Power (once we add a speed component).
- There are progressive phases to this movement, intensifying as you grow stronger and more mobile.
“Many knee running injuries can be avoided or treated by increasing hip mobility!“ —— Richard Symister, physical/performance therapist
- Runners, try this movement prior to your run.
- Remember, don’t exhaust yourself with movement before your run. You are “priming” the joints and muscles for your run.
- Set a goal for right vs left mobility balance.
- Increase the intensity of the Spiderman stretch as you get stronger.
Heal. Move. GET MOBLE. Evolve.