Physical Therapist (PT)
Growing physical therapy studio, Fort Greene, Brooklyn, seeking PHYSICAL THERAPIST to work part-time shifts.
Pay rate: $65–75 (dependent upon experience) per client and completion of note/billing.
Screen, evaluate, treat, document and bill for 30-60 minute physical therapy sessions focused on restoring patient’s function, alleviating pain, and preventing further disability, dysfunction or restriction by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy.
- Meets the patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual therapy and therapeutic, functional sports- and life-specific exercises.
- Maintains continued communication (telephone, email, text), providing consistent client-to-physical therapist communication.
- Documents patient care services by charting patient records.
- Completes daily billing for commercial-based clients.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects site operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Skills and Qualifications:
Solid A&P and biomechanics background. Strong manual skills. An interest in sports and dance orthopedics injury and dysfunction of the postsurgical, multi-sport athlete, dancer and active population. Background in sports, performing, martial or movement arts a huge plus!
- Graduated from an accredited school MS or DPT
- Professional license in state of New York
- Minimal 1 year experience in orthopedics and manual therapy
- Ability to write clean and detailed client documentation/soap notes to validate treatment, discharge and plan of care
- Basic knowledge of common New York insurances and authorization processes
- CPR/1st Aide certified
- Comfortable with Microsoft/Google products and basic EMR programs
- social media time
- document remotely
- ongoing continuing education
- free use of fitness room
- opportunity to create and grow specialty practice (yoga, -Pilates, specialized fitness training, etc.)
- flexible hours
- huge opportunity for growth towards f/t and management
DO NOT APPLY if you:
- are just looking to earn some extra cash
- are looking for something temporary until something better -comes along
- want to get your feet wet
- looking to build up your caseload and move on
- looking for a place to practice your manual skills
- have a poor bedside personality
- have no knowledge of current orthopedic protocols (ACL, labral tear, rotator cuff, meniscal, fracture)